- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 2 tablespoons of water in a small ramekin and let set for 3 minutes until a thick gelatinous consistency forms.
- Add chia mixture into a large mixing bowl with coconut oil and maple syrup and mix together. Fold in carrots, oats, baking flour, coconut, cardamom, baking powder and salt.
- Form cookie batter into disks and place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator and enjoy within 1 week, or store in the freezer and enjoy within 2 – 3 weeks.