- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (for pecan topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit. And coat a baking dish with coconut oil.
- Whisk the eggs, and add the coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and salt all together in a large wide bowl.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Then layer bread slices in the baking dish and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the pecans, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup, stir together.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and top with maple pecans, bake for 10-15 minutes more, until the bread starts to become crispy and browned.