- 12 oz blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- Add the blackberries, water and lemon juice to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour through a sieve to separate the juice from the seeds.
- Add 100% pure maple syrup from Canada to the mixture in a small pot, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Brush a generous amount of marinade on in-season produce and your protein of choice (e.g., salmon, zucchini or plums).
- Grill, roast or bake, then top with a touch more marinade after cooking, while everything is still hot.