- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- Whisk the eggs, and add the coconut milk, vanilla and salt all together in a large wide bowl.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Warm coconut oil in a skillet over medium. Add the egg soaked bread slices to the hot skillet and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- While the French toast cooks, dice the apple and add to a small saute pan over medium, cook for 5 minutes.
- Drop the heat to low, add the cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir together and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the French toast hot, topped with the apple maple cinnamon topping.