- 3/4 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced fresh apple
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, 6 to 7 inches, cut in half
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pita bread. Stuff the pita pockets with the chicken filling.
This healthy version of chicken salad replaces the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt for an extra protein boost to aid quick muscle recovery. The apple, dried cranberries and maple syrup not only add great flavor accents, they also help to replenish the body’s carbohydrates.