- 1 lb panettone, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole or reduced fat milk; or almond, oat or soy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and place a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a 9×9 or 9×13-inch baking pan, smear softened butter or spray with oil on the bottom and the sides.
- Place the cubes of panettone in the baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until combined. Whisk in the milk and heavy cream until combined.
- Pour the liquid over the cubes of panettone bread in an even layer. Press down cubes of bread as needed to submerge them in the liquid.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until set, 40-55 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool slightly before serving.
Advice from Maple experts
This can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.