- 8 basil leaves
- 2 oz apple brandy
- 1/2 oz maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavor)
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 2 oz sparkling cider
- Apple wedge and basil sprig (to garnish)
- Put the 8 basil leaves in the palm of one hand and slap it hard with your other hand to release the basil’s aroma.
- Put them in a glass. Do not crush.
- Pour in the brandy, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Fill with ice cubes and stir with a spoon until the glass is cold to the fingers.
- Top up with the sparkling cider.
- Garnish with the apple wedge and basil sprig.