- 2 oz amber rum (preferably Jamaican rum)
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavor)
- 1/2 oz pineapple juice
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Lime wheel and fresh mint (to garnish)
- Pour the first five ingredients into a shaker.
- Fill with ice cubes and shake until the shaker is freezing to your fingers.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with the lime wheel and fresh mint.
Advice from Maple experts
Use a 300 ml (10 oz) old fashioned glass.