- Maple shortcrust pastry base recipe
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple butter
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup strong cheddar, grated
- 3 to 4 green zucchinis, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp maple flakes
- On a floured work surface, roll dough into two 40×15-cm (16×6-in) rectangles.
- Place in two (approx. 35×10-cm or 14×4-in) removable-bottom rectangular tart pans.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Combine mustard with the maple butter and rosemary. Brush mixture on the tart shells and then sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
- Layer with zucchini ribbons. Arrange the cherry tomato halves on top. Salt and pepper.
- Bake, on bottom rack of oven, for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle maple flakes over tarts, cut into rectangles of equal size and serve immediately, as an appetizer or a first course.
Advice from Maple experts
Refrigeration Time: 30 min