Chestnut, Mushroom and Maple Quinoa
Apps and sides | Main Courses | Vegetables | Rice and Cereals
- 4 cups quinoa
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 oz fresh chestnuts (or canned), roughly chopped
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a strainer, rinse quinoa under running water, and transfer it into a large casserole.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed. Set aside
- In a frying pan, melt butter over high heat and add chestnuts, mushrooms and maple syrup. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes before adding to quinoa. Serve.
Advice from Maple experts
When temperatures cool, warm quinoa makes the perfect treat for the arrival of fall. Celebrate the season with this earthy recipe, which mixes fresh herbs and rich butter with nutty aromas from pure maple syrup and chestnuts. It’s easy to make and perfect for last minute meal plans. Simply sauté all ingredients together and add them to boiled quinoa. Voilà! Maple quinoa makes a great vegetarian entrée, or a delicious side dish for meats.