MAPLE WATER MARINADE
- 2 cups maple water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 9-kg turkey (20 lbs)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 sprig thyme or fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 stick celery, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups maple water
- 1/4 cup instantized flour
- Heat maple water in a saucepan, add butter and leave to melt. Add remaining marinade ingredients and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Place turkey in a roasting pan and stuff interior with vegetables and aromatics. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a meat syringe with marinade. Pierce the turkey meat in several places and inject marinade.
- Roast in oven for 4 hours. From time to time, collect a little cooking juices from pan, let cool and re-inject into turkey. Once cooked, transfer turkey onto a cutting board.
- Place roasting pan with juices onto hob and bring to a boil. Pour in maple water, scraping the pan bottom well to collect juices.
- Sprinkle with instantized flour, mix in well and reduce for 1 minute.
- Carve turkey and serve with the sauce.
Advice from Maple experts
Cooking time: 4 hours 10 minutes