- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 apples, cored and quartered
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 3 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch celery seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup reserved marinade
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large zip-top bag. Add the chicken cubes, onion and apple quarters. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Remove the kebab ingredients from the marinade. Reserve 1 cup marinade and set aside; discard remaining marinade. On long bamboo skewers, alternate the chicken, onion and apple. Grill the kebabs 7 minutes. Turn them over, baste with marinade and cook another 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Add cranberries and pure maple syrup. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with the kebabs.
For your next cookout, give your chicken kebabs flair, using apples, maple syrup and popular herbs in your pantry. This easy recipe is great for last-minute grilling. Need to whip up a sauce to go with the kebabs? Sprinkle in some cranberries to the marinade recipe and serve.