- 2-1/4 cups gluten free flour blend (such as King Arthur)
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl combine flours, starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter turns a nut brown color. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pure maple syrup, buttermilk and eggs. Stir in browned butter.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until risen and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Our maple walnut bread is so delicious, you’ll never miss the gluten! The warm flavor of cinnamon combines with the richness of maple and the crunch of walnuts for a loaf that is perfect for a hearty breakfast or anytime snack. Everyone is sure to enjoy this recipe, though your gluten-free friends and family will be extra thankful that you thought of them!