- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada, divided
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups dried fruit (apples, apricots, dates, raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- In a cup, combine 1/4 cup of the pure maple syrup, the apple juice and oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and cinnamon. Add the maple syrup mixture and stir well to coat all the ingredients. Divide equally between the 2 baking sheets and spread evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the granola is fragrant and golden. Remove from the oven and pour the granola back into the large bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and the dried fruit; mix well. Allow to cool completely; the granola will crisp as it cools. Store in an airtight container.
Advice from Maple experts
Maple syrup and colorful dried fruit add a festive note to this granola, which is both low in fat and high in carbohydrates to fuel your body for any type of activity. Plus, it makes a great gift for the fitness buffs on your holiday list!