- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Wash one bunch of asparagus and remove woody stems (about the last one to one and a half inches of the asparagus spear).
- Place asparagus spears on a large cookie sheet.
- Add one Tablespoon olive oil, one Tablespoon maple syrup and one Tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Optional: Add two cloves slivered garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast 12-15 minutes, turning once at the halfway point. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with one loosely packed Tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Advice from Maple experts
Asparagus is one of the easiest dinner veggies to prepare and it is super simple to sneak into kid friendly meals.