- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 2 beets, peeled and diced
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Toss veggies in the olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast vegetables for 35-40 minutes, until tender. Toss 2-3 times while roasting. During the final five minutes of cooking time, combine the pure maple syrup, butter, cinnamon and another pinch of salt in a small saucepot. Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Pour glaze over hot vegetables as soon as they come out of the oven. Serve immediately.
Advice from Maple experts
Recipe from Jenna of Eat Live Run.