- 1 cup Spanish onions finely minced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or cider
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 5-oz pork chops
- In a saucepan, caramelize the onions in oil and butter on low heat.
- Deglaze pan with wine or cider and reduce to half.
- Add the maple syrup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with grilled pork chops.
June is a great month for enjoying a cookout and bringing your grill back to life after a long winter break. Grilled pork chops are a classic, but paired with onions caramelized in maple syrup this dish will wow your family and friends. The all-natural syrup complements the smoky meat flavors with sweet and savory notes. Using common kitchen ingredients, this undemanding meal is perfect for an impromptu summer gathering.