- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp mirin (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/3 lb turkey breast, cut into cubes
- 18 small skewers
- 1 sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and let bubble for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of this sauce into a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the turkey cubes onto a dish, pour half the remaining sauce over them and toss to coat well. If desired, marinate for 30 minutes or up to a few hours.
- Slide the turkey cubes onto the skewers.
- Lay them on the baking sheet and put into oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove brochettes from oven, brush with remaining sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Arrange on your serving plate, garnish with cilantro, and serve with the reserved sauce.