- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/3 lb pork loin
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup prepared demi-glaze sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup pure maple syrup with 1/3 cup mustard, 1 tablespoon rosemary and garlic. Salt and pepper generously.
- Brush roast with this mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes to sear the meat. Reduce oven temperature 350° F and continue cooking for another 25 to 30 minutes. Consider about 20 minutes cooking per pound of meat.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Sauté the shallot and garlic in the butter.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the demi-glace sauce, 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup and 1 teaspoon rosemary. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the roast sliced and topped with sauce. Serve with seasonal vegetables.