- 2 cups 35% whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 2 egg yolks
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the cream to steaming.
- Mix the pure maple syrup with the egg yolks, and pour it into the cream. Stir well, making sure the mixture is hot. Remove from heat and allow to cool 30 minutes on the counter.
- With ice cream maker: Spin the cream mixture in the ice cream maker for 20 – 30 minutes, according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze at least 45 minutes and serve.
- Without ice cream maker: Chill in the freezer for 2 hours or until it’s quite cold. Place in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip to a thick texture. Transfer to a freezer-ready container and allow to set.