- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 3 tbsp water
- Gelatin sheets
- If desired, fine maple sugar for garnish
- Combine the liquids in a saucepan, bring to the boil, and remove from heat.
- Soften gelatin in cold water, then stir into the pure maple syrup mixture.
- Pour into very small (approx. 1 x 2 cm) silicon molds, in teddy-bear or other shapes.
- Refrigerate 2 hours and pop out of molds.
- Sprinkle with fine pure maple sugar, if desired.
Advice from Maple experts
* Gelatin is usually found in boxes of six sheets totaling 10 g. You’ll need eight and a half sheets for this recipe.
REFRIGERATION: 2 hours before removing from molds
KEEPS FOR: 3 or 4 days in the fridge