- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavor), divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (approx.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Assorted fruits, chia seeds, chocolate hummus, granola, Greek yogurt, hard-cooked eggs, turkey bacon and/or sausage, and whipped lemon ricotta.
- In large bowl, combine all-purpose, oat and whole wheat flours, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet set over medium-low heat. Pour 1/2 cup batter into pan; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on surface. Flip over; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil to pan as needed, to make 12 pancakes.
- In small pot set over medium heat, warm remaining maple syrup; transfer to small jug. Arrange pancakes on large board with jug of maple syrup. Arrange fruits, chia seeds, chocolate hummus, granola, yogurt, eggs, bacon and ricotta on board.
Advice from Maple experts
Tip: Customize the board with your favorite pancake toppings and breakfast side dishes.