- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup, for its rich flavor)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup large blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F), rack in centre position. Place paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oat flakes, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, use a whisk to mix the pure maple syrup, yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula. Incorporate the blueberries.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups to the brim with batter. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in their moulds before removing from the tin.