- 12 baby potatoes, halved
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp maple vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup old cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread the potato halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a pan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook another 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with the maple vinegar and reduce liquid by half.
- Add the rosemary and maple syrup and cook 5 minutes or until the liquid is almost gone. Season generously with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Turn the potatoes cut side up and spread the caramelized onion-bacon mixture over them, then sprinkle with the grated cheese. Return to oven, bake au gratin, and serve.
Advice from Maple experts
These dressed potatoes will keep in the fridge for about a week.